The Wards Children’s Awards are back celebrating Kent’s bravest, most inspirational young people this October.
We will be commending the young individuals and families who have triumphed in the face of adversity and those who have supported them along the way.
We’ve partnered with Kent Community Foundation and the KM again and we’re delighted to announce that Good Morning Britain’s Charlotte Hawkins will return to host the event.
This Year's Categories
Now we need you to nominate your little heroes and charities for the following seven categories:
- Triumph over Adversity – elevating children who have overcome severe disabilities and illnesses, across three age groups.
- Exceptional Young Carer – commending the young carers who are looking after other family members.
- Courageous Family – celebrating the amazing families coping with severe illness or disabilities.
- Young Fundraiser – recognising the child or group of children who have done outstanding work to raise money for charity.
- Going for Gold – celebrating kids who have accomplished incredible things in sports, music and visual or performing arts.
- Outstanding Charity – thanking charitable and voluntary groups who support children facing challenges in life.
- Outstanding Teacher for Disabled Children – in light of the last year, we have introduced this all-new award to honour the super star teachers who have gone over and above to support their disabled children.
With a heavy heart, the pandemic caused us to cancel the event last year, the first year we’ve ever missed.
Aldo Sotgiu, Managing Director of Operations, says “After a challenging year for all of us, we are delighted to announce that we plan to host our 18th annual Children’s Awards in person and not virtually! It’s incredibly heart-warming to hear about all the inspirational young people and organisations in our community.”
If, for any reason, we are unable to hold the event in person we have a backup plan which will allow us to host it virtually. It is important that these exceptional children are acknowledged and celebrated.
Click here to submit nominations.